In the almost 3 weeks we have been at this address, the blog has gotten more than 1000 hits! YAY! In honor of this feat of crazed posting (and as a little belated President’s Day gift to my readers), we are posting our first quiz (big thanks to my historically smart husband) with a PRIZE associated with it. From those that get every question right, one will be picked at random to receive a $25 Gift card to Bed bath and Beyond! Woo Hoo!
No more entries after Midnight on Thursday night. Winner will be announced Friday morning.
Your submitted answers will not show up until after the cut off time. Please submit them as a comment to the blog in the comment section.
This quiz is themed. It’s all about THE ADAMS FAMILY of course.
The Adams from history.
The First Vice President and the Second President of the United States.
Good luck all.
1. John Adams was asked to cast an electoral ballot after his term in office. For whom did he cast his vote and on behalf of which state?
2. What cabinet position was created during John Adams term as president?
3. Name the three daughters of John and Abigail.
4. Who said of John Adams, “He’s honest, intelligent, and sometimes out of his mind.”
5. Adams was born in Quincy, Massachusetts. But it was called something else when he was born. What was the name of the town in the days of Adams?
6. At what age did John’s 2nd son Charles Adams enter Harvard?
7. To what sister did Abigail write many letters revealing her feelings about her husband?
8. What was John Quincy Adams’ nickname?
9. What was the disease that finally took Nabby Adams to the grave?
10. John Adams, our second president, died along with what other political hero on what important day?