The only person to get all the answers right was Kevin Adams!
1. John Adams was asked to cast an electoral ballot after his term in office. For whom did he cast his vote and on behalf of which state?
In 1820, he cast a one of 15 Massachusetts ballots in favor of James Monroe.
2. What cabinet position was created during John Adams term as president?
The Secretary of the Navy
3. Name the three daughters of John and Abigail.
Susanna (died after only 2 years)
Elizabeth (still born)
4. Who said of John Adams, “He’s honest, intelligent, and sometimes out of his mind.”
5. Adams was born in Quincy, Massachusetts. But it was called something else when he was born. What was the name of the town in the days of Adams?
6. At what age did Charles Adams enter Harvard?
Only 15 years old!
7. To what sister did Abigail write many letters revealing her feelings about her husband?
8. What was John Quincy Adams’ nickname?
Old Man Eloquent
9. What was the disease that finally took Nabby Adams to the grave?
10. John Adams, our second president, died along with what other political hero on what important day?
Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on the same day, July 4th, 1826.